- January 13, 2009
- Stork Craft Manufacturing Inc.
- The Danger:
- The metal support brackets used to support the crib mattress and mattress board can crack and break. When one or more support brackets break, the mattress can collapse and create a dangerous gap between the mattress and crib rails, in which a child can become entrapped and suffocate.
- This recall involves about 535,000 Stork Craft baby cribs. All cribs with manufacturing and distribution dates between May 2000 and November 2008 are included in this recall. The cribs were sold in various styles and finishes. The manufacture date, model number, crib name, country of origin, and the firm's name, address, and contact information are located on the assembly instruction sheet attached to the mattress support board. The firm's insignia "storkcraft baby" is inscribed on the drop side teething rail of some cribs.
- Sold At:
- Major retailers including JCPenney, Kmart, and Wal-Mart stores nationwide and online at Amazon.com, Babiesrus.com, Costco.com, Sears.com, and Walmart.com from May 2000 through January 2009 for between $100 and $400.
- What To Do:
- Stop using the recalled cribs immediately and contact Stork Craft to receive a free replacement kit with new mattress support brackets. For more information, contact Stork Craft toll-free at (866) 361-3321 anytime to order the free replacement kit or visit www.storkcraft.com.
- For More Information:
The Biggest Product Recalls
Product Safety Advice
Our product recalls database includes information and content from the Consumer Product Safety Commission, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, and other sources. Our database is not comprehensive. For more complete information concerning recalls, visit www.cpsc.gov or, for car seats, www.safercar.gov.