- October 5, 2010
- PBteen, a division of Williams-Sonoma Inc.
- The Danger:
- The side rail on the bed can crack, allowing the mattress support to collapse. This poses a fall and injury hazard.
- This recall involves about 5,900 PBteen Sleep and Study Loft beds. Each bed is elevated and has a desk and bookcase underneath it. The beds were sold in the following colors: honey, black, espresso, and white.
- Sold At:
- PBteen stores in Georgia, New York, and Illinois and online at pbteen.com for about $1,800. The recalled loft beds were delivered to consumers from January 2008 through July 2010.
- What To Do:
- Immediately contact PBteen to schedule installation of a free replacement side rail support bracket. For more information, contact PBteen toll-free at 877-494-9822 between 7 a.m. and midnight ET, or visit pbteen.com
- For More Information:
The Biggest Product Recalls
Product Safety Advice
Our product recalls database includes information and content from the Consumer Product Safety Commission, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, and other sources. Our database is not comprehensive. For more complete information concerning recalls, visit www.cpsc.gov or, for car seats, www.safercar.gov.