- June 24, 2008
- Jardine Enterprises
- The Danger:
- The wooden crib slats and spindles can break, creating a gap that poses an entrapment and strangulation hazard to infants.
- This recall includes about 320,000 Jardine wooden cribs in various styles and finishes, as listed below. The model number is printed on the inside of the bottom rail of the headboard or footboard.
- An additional 56,450 cribs were recalled on January 6, 2009
- Sold At:
- KidsWorld, Geoffrey Stores, Toys "R" Us, and Babies "R" Us stores nationwide, and at babiesrus.com, from January 2002 through May 2008 for between $150 and $300, with one model, 0309K00 Mahogany Positano Lifetime Crib, which sold for $450.
- What To Do:
- Stop using the recalled cribs immediately and contact Jardine to receive a full credit toward the purchase of a new crib. For more information, contact Jardine at (800) 646-4106 between 8 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. ET Monday through Friday and between 9 a.m. and 1 p.m. ET Saturday, or visit their Web site at www.jardinecribrecall.com.
- For More Information:
The Biggest Product Recalls
Product Safety Advice
Our product recalls database includes information and content from the Consumer Product Safety Commission, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, and other sources. Our database is not comprehensive. For more complete information concerning recalls, visit www.cpsc.gov or, for car seats, www.safercar.gov.