- June 26, 2008
- Stanley Furniture Company
- The Danger:
- The space between the mattress and the crib can be too wide in the middle mattress setting, failing federal safety standards for crib dimensions and posing an entrapment hazard to infants.
- This recall involves about 1,200 full-size 2nd Nature Built to Grow cribs with the model number 353-14-220. Model and serial numbers are located on the headboard. The crib is natural maple in color. Only the following serial numbers are included in the recall, and the recall does not include cribs sold after December 2007.
- Sold At:
- Department and furniture stores from March 2006 through December 2007 for about $1,100.
- What To Do:
- Stop using the crib in the middle mattress setting immediately and use the low or high setting instead. Contact Stanley Furniture to determine if the crib is subject to recall, and if it is, to receive a free replacement crib headboard. For more information, contact Stanley Furniture toll-free at (888) 839-6822 between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. ET Monday through Friday, or visit their Web site at www.youngamerica.com.
- For More Information:
The Biggest Product Recalls
Product Safety Advice
Our product recalls database includes information and content from the Consumer Product Safety Commission, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, and other sources. Our database is not comprehensive. For more complete information concerning recalls, visit www.cpsc.gov or, for car seats, www.safercar.gov.