- July 17, 2007
- Payless ShoeSource
- The Danger:
- The plastic rivets that attach the strap to the shoe can detach, posing a choking hazard to young children.
- This recall involves about 270,000 character-theme clog styles, including:
- Dora the Explorer
- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Hello Kitty
- Coasters Lighted Car Compel
- Cambridge Mary-Jane
- The shoes were sold in toddler sizes 5 through 10. The flexible shoes have air ventilation holes on the top and/or side, and plastic rivets attached to the strap. Shoe sizes are printed on the sole of the shoe. No other sizes, styles, or models are included in the recall.
- About 690,000 additional clogs were recalled on May 2, 2007
- Sold At:
- Payless ShoeSource stores nationwide and Payless.com from January 2006 through June 2007 for between $15 and $20.
- What To Do:
- Take the shoes away from young children immediately and return them to the store for a refund or exchange. For more information, call Payless at (800) 654-0697 between 7:30 a.m. and 7 p.m. CT Monday through Saturday, 9:30 a.m. and 6 p.m. Sunday or visit their Web site at www.payless.com.
- For More Information:
The Biggest Product Recalls
Product Safety Advice
Our product recalls database includes information and content from the Consumer Product Safety Commission, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, and other sources. Our database is not comprehensive. For more complete information concerning recalls, visit www.cpsc.gov or, for car seats, www.safercar.gov.