- December 16, 2010
- Splendid (a division of VF Contemporary Brands, Inc.)
- The Danger:
- The hooded zip jackets and the vest sets have drawstrings through the hoods which can pose a strangulation or entrapment hazard to children.
- This recall involves about 900 girl's hooded zip jackets with style # SJ6J7831 and long sleeve t-shirt with hooded vest sets with style # SJYK7935. The zip jackets were sold in camouflage, jasmine, parfait and royal. The vest sets were sold in black, caviar, denim, electric pink, macadamia, peacock, quartz and sapphire. The style number can be found on the care label located at the inside left side seam. "Splendid" can be found on the neck label.
- Sold At:
- Major department stores and children's boutiques nationwide from August 2010 through November 2010 for between $80 and $90.
- What To Do:
- Immediately remove the drawstrings from the hoods of the zip jackets and vest sets to eliminate the hazard or contact Splendid for instructions on how to return the items for a full refund. For more information, contact Splendid toll-free at (855) 640-2803 anytime or visit www.splendid.com/safetynews.html
- For More Information:
The Biggest Product Recalls
Product Safety Advice
Our product recalls database includes information and content from the Consumer Product Safety Commission, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, and other sources. Our database is not comprehensive. For more complete information concerning recalls, visit www.cpsc.gov or, for car seats, www.safercar.gov.