- December 5, 2013
- Academy Sports + Outdoors
- The Danger:
- The hooded windsuits have drawstrings in the hood around the neck area that pose a strangulation hazard to young children. No injuries have been reported.
- This recall includes about 6,600 Girls BCG Hooded Windsuits in sizes XS, S, M and L. The windsuits are made of water-resistant fabric and include a jacket and pants. The jacket has a front zip closure and elastic cuffs. The windsuits come in pink with black on the jacket at the top shoulder and a black side strip on the pants, gray with blue on the jacket at the top shoulder and a blue side strip on the pants, and purple with lighter purple on the jacket at the top shoulder and a pink strip on the pants. You can find the SKU and style number on a label sewn inside the jacket on the left side. The style number is SGBCGA9001 and the following SKUs:
SKU: 0024229635, 0024229486, 0024229569
SKU: 0024229643, 0024229494, 0024229577
SKU: 0024229650, 0024229502, 0024229585
SKU: 0024229668, 0024229510, 0024229593
- Sold At:
- Academy Sports + Outdoors stores and on the firm's website academy.com between September 2013 and October 2013 for about $20.
- What To Do:
- Immediately remove the drawstring from the windsuits to eliminate the hazard, or return the garment to the place of purchase for a full refund. For more information, contact Academy Sports + Outdoors by phone at (888) 922-2336, or go online to academy.com and click on Product Recall Info for more information.
- For More Information:
The Biggest Product Recalls
Product Safety Advice
Our product recalls database includes information and content from the Consumer Product Safety Commission, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, and other sources. Our database is not comprehensive. For more complete information concerning recalls, visit www.cpsc.gov or, for car seats, www.safercar.gov.