- June 17, 2009
- Macy's Merchandising Group Inc.
- The Danger:
- The sweatshirts have a drawstring sewn at the base of the hood which can pose a strangulation hazard to children.
- This recall involves about 33,000 boys and girls Epic Threads sweatshirts and girls Greendog sweaters with nonfunctional ties in numerous styles. The Epic Threads sweatshirts are white, gray, maroon, yellow, blue, green, and black, with images on the front and/or back. The girls Greendog sweaters are brown and gray. Only sizes small and medium are subject to the recall.
- Sold At:
- Macy's stores nationwide from July 2008 through March 2009 for between $32 and $50.
- What To Do:
- Immediately remove the ties from the sweatshirts to eliminate the hazard, or return the garment to any Macy's for a full refund. For more information, contact Macy's toll-free at (888) 257-5949 between 10 a.m. and 10 p.m. ET Monday through Friday, or visit Macy's website at www.macys.com.
- For More Information:
The Biggest Product Recalls
Product Safety Advice
Our product recalls database includes information and content from the Consumer Product Safety Commission, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, and other sources. Our database is not comprehensive. For more complete information concerning recalls, visit www.cpsc.gov or, for car seats, www.safercar.gov.