- February 20, 2014
- The Eastman Footwear Group Inc.
- The Danger:
- The metal rivets surrounding the holes where the shoestring is secured on the shoes can have sharp edges, posing a laceration hazard. There has been one report of an adult who scratched or cut his finger. No medical attention was required. No other injuries have been reported.
- The recall includes about 12,200 Runestone children's shoes. The shoes are black with gray mesh fabric panels on the side of the shoe with a green "Coleman" logo name and lantern graphic on the tongue. The black shoestrings on the shoes are threaded through green fabric tabs on the top of the shoe. A label located on the inside of tongue of the shoes identifies the style as Runestone.
- Sold At:
- Big 5 Sporting Goods retail stores nationally from January 2013 through December 2013 for about $39.
- What To Do:
- Stop using the recalled shoes and return them to a Big 5 Sporting Goods store for a full refund or contact Eastman Footwear for instructions on returning the shoes for a refund. For more information. call the company at (800) 786-0282 or go online to efny.com and click on Runestone Recall.
- For More Information:
The Biggest Product Recalls
Product Safety Advice
Our product recalls database includes information and content from the Consumer Product Safety Commission, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, and other sources. Our database is not comprehensive. For more complete information concerning recalls, visit www.cpsc.gov or, for car seats, www.safercar.gov.