- August 6, 2008
- Request Jeans
- The Danger:
- The hoodies have a drawstring through the hood, which can pose a strangulation hazard to children.
- The recall includes about 1,200 sweatshirts:
- Short-sleeve hoodies, item number 11188SG, have "Request" printed all over and were sold in olive green and light blue.
- Long-sleeve hoodies, item number 11218LG, have a butterfly design on the back and on the chest and were sold in white and olive green.
- Sold At:
- Mass merchandisers and other retail stores nationwide from January 2007 through March 2007 for about $36.
- What To Do:
- Immediately remove the drawstrings from the sweatshirts or return the hoodie to either the place of purchase or to Request Jeans to receive a refund. For more information, contact Request Jeans collect at (212) 302-0077 between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. ET, Monday through Friday.
- For More Information:
The Biggest Product Recalls
Product Safety Advice
Our product recalls database includes information and content from the Consumer Product Safety Commission, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, and other sources. Our database is not comprehensive. For more complete information concerning recalls, visit www.cpsc.gov or, for car seats, www.safercar.gov.