- December 30, 2008
- The Bon-Ton Department Stores
- The Danger:
- The zipper tabs on these vests fail to meet federal standards and pose a choking hazard to children.
- This recall includes about 5,000 "Ruff Hewn" reversible vests for boys sold in toddler (style #F821235) and 4 through 7 sizes (style #F841235). The vests are brown and reverse to a camouflage print. "Ruff Hewn" is printed on the tag found in the left pocket of the brown side and on the price tag. The style number is printed on the price tag.
- Sold At:
- Bon-Ton, Bergner's, Boston Store, Elder-Beerman, Herberger's, Younkers, and Carson Pirie Scott stores nationwide and Parisian in the Detroit area from July 2008 through November 2008 for about $30.
- What To Do:
- Immediately take these vests away from children and return them to the store where purchased for a full refund. For more information, contact Bon-Ton toll-free at (866) 798-2875 anytime or visit their Web site at www.bonton.com.
- For More Information:
The Biggest Product Recalls
Product Safety Advice
Our product recalls database includes information and content from the Consumer Product Safety Commission, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, and other sources. Our database is not comprehensive. For more complete information concerning recalls, visit www.cpsc.gov or, for car seats, www.safercar.gov.