- July 18, 2013
- Mecca 5 Star/5 Star Kids Apparel
- The Danger:
- The recalled jackets have drawstrings with toggles inside the bottom hem and neck area, posing a strangulation hazard to children.
- This recall involves boy's long sleeve hooded jackets sizes 2T to XL. The word Mecca is embroidered on the front chest of the garment and on the interior label sewn into the neck of the jacket. There are elastic drawstrings around the neck and waist. The style number can be found on a label sewn into the jacket one inch above the bottom seam on the left side.
- Sold At:
- A&E stores, All Kids Inc 27, Bergen Kids LLC, Children's Town, Cititrends Inc., Concord Stores, Fordham Kids, Hudson Operating Corp, Kiddie Outlet, Modecraft/Burlington, Myrtle Kids, Pitkin Kids, Suitmart and Youngland from August 2010 through March 2011 for about $30.
- What To Do:
- Remove the drawstrings immediately, cut drawstrings out of the garment including toggle and continue to use jackets once both are removed. Customers can return the product to the store where purchased for a full refund. Call Mecca 5 Star at (880) 229-6833 or email email@example.com
- For More Information:
The Biggest Product Recalls
Product Safety Advice
Our product recalls database includes information and content from the Consumer Product Safety Commission, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, and other sources. Our database is not comprehensive. For more complete information concerning recalls, visit www.cpsc.gov or, for car seats, www.safercar.gov.