- March 10, 2011
- Atico International USA, Inc.
- The Danger:
- The internal stuffing and rattle inside the slippers decorative figures can be pulled out, posing a choking hazard to young children. Atico received one report of a 7-month-old baby that was found beginning to turn blue with the slippers' stuffing in its mouth. The baby's father removed the stuffing. Two additional reports of babies wearing the slippers who pulled on the rattle/stuffing and the stuffing came out were also reported. No injuries reported.
- This recall involves about 57,000 holiday rattle baby slippers. The recalled slippers are decorated with stuffed fabric figures including snowmen, Santa, reindeer, and penguins, and have decorative rattles inside the slippers that sound like bells when shaken. Item number 999526 is printed on the back of the cardboard header card packaging. "Find Your Joy" is printed on the front of the slippers packaging.
- Sold At:
- Walgreen stores nationwide from October 2010 through January 2011 for about $5.
- What To Do:
- Immediately stop using the slippers and return them to any Walgreen location for a full refund. Call the company toll-free at 877-546-4835 or visit aticousa.com.
- For More Information:
The Biggest Product Recalls
Product Safety Advice
Our product recalls database includes information and content from the Consumer Product Safety Commission, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, and other sources. Our database is not comprehensive. For more complete information concerning recalls, visit www.cpsc.gov or, for car seats, www.safercar.gov.