- August 7, 2013
- Toyota Motor Sales, USA, Inc.
- The Danger:
- Screws that attach the seat belt pre-tensioner to the seat belt retractor within the seat belt assembly for the driver and front passenger can become loose over time due to repeatedly and forcefully closing the access door. If the screws loosen completely, the seat belt pre-tensioner and the retractor spring cover could detach from the seat belt retractor, which can affect retractor and pre-tensioner performance.
- About 342,000 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab vehicles produced from 2004 to 2011 are involved in the recall.
- Sold At:
- Car dealerships nationwide.
- What To Do:
- Owners of vehicles subject to this recall will receive a notification by first class mail. Call the Toyota Customer Experience Center at (800) 331-4331 or visit toyota.com/recall for more infromation.
- For More Information:
The Biggest Product Recalls
Product Safety Advice
Our product recalls database includes information and content from the Consumer Product Safety Commission, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, and other sources. Our database is not comprehensive. For more complete information concerning recalls, visit www.cpsc.gov or, for car seats, www.safercar.gov.