- June 11, 2014
- Toyota Motor Engineering and Manufacturing
- The Danger:
- The passenger side frontal air bag inflator may produce excessive internal pressure causing the inflator to rupture upon deployment of the air bag. The inflator could rupture with metal fragments striking and potentially seriously injuring the passenger seat occupant or other occupants.
- The recall includes 844,277 model year 2002-2004 Toyota Sequoia and Lexus SC and 2003-2004 Toyota Corolla, Corolla Matrix, Tundra, and Pontiac Vibe vehicles.
- Sold At:
- Car dealerships nationwide.
- What To Do:
- Toyota, Lexus, and General Motors dealers will replace the passenger side air bag inflator. For more information, Toyota owners should call (800) 331-4331 and Pontiac Vibe owners should call (800) 521-7300.
- For More Information:
The Biggest Product Recalls
Product Safety Advice
Our product recalls database includes information and content from the Consumer Product Safety Commission, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, and other sources. Our database is not comprehensive. For more complete information concerning recalls, visit www.cpsc.gov or, for car seats, www.safercar.gov.