- September 3, 2013
- Toyota Motor Sales, U.S.A., Inc.
- The Danger:
- Transistors within the hybrid system's inverter assembly can experience heat damage due to variations in characteristics of the transistors' parallel circuits. Should this occur, various warning lights on the instrument panel will illuminate, and in most cases the vehicle will enter "limp home mode." In limited instances, the hybrid system will shut down and resulting in the vehicle stopping while the vehicle is being driven.
- The voluntary recall includes approximately 133,000 2006-2010 Highlander Hybrid and 2006-2008 Lexus RX 400h vehicles.
- Sold At:
- Car dealerships nationwide.
- What To Do:
- Owners of vehicles subject to these recalls will receive a notification by first class mail. For more information, call the Toyota Customer Experience Center at (800) 331-4331 or go online to toyota.com/recall or lexus.com/recall.
- For More Information:
The Biggest Product Recalls
Product Safety Advice
Our product recalls database includes information and content from the Consumer Product Safety Commission, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, and other sources. Our database is not comprehensive. For more complete information concerning recalls, visit www.cpsc.gov or, for car seats, www.safercar.gov.