- March 17, 2014
- General Motors LLC
- The Danger:
- General Motors is recalling more than 1.8 million SUVS, vans, and Cadillacs due to defective air bags and a faulty brake plug. No injuries have been reported for any of the recalls.
- General Motors has recalled the following:
• 2008-2013 Buick Enclave and GMC Acadia model SUVs and 2008-2010 Saturn Outlooks because the front, side, and seat belt pretensioners airbags might not deploy if drivers ignore an air bag warning light on their dashboard.
• 2009-2014 model Chevrolet Express and GMC Savana vans because air bag material may not adequately protect unbelted heads in a crash.
• 2013 and 2014 model Cadillac XTS sedans due to a defective plug in the brake system that could dislodge and cause an engine compartment fire.
- Sold At:
- What To Do:
- GM will notify owners. The manufacturer has not yet provided a remedy plan or notification schedule.
- For More Information:
The Biggest Product Recalls
Product Safety Advice
Our product recalls database includes information and content from the Consumer Product Safety Commission, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, and other sources. Our database is not comprehensive. For more complete information concerning recalls, visit www.cpsc.gov or, for car seats, www.safercar.gov.