- February 2, 2008
- Car Seats
- The Danger:
- The car seat could become separated from its base in high-impact side collisions, posing a serious risk of injury.
- The recall includes 1 million Evenflo Discovery car seats and associated travel systems with the following model numbers. The serial number and date of manufacture can be found on a white label on the underside of the car seat.
- An additional 1,038 Evenflo Discovery car seats were recalled on April 1, 2008
- Sold At:
- Major retailers from April 2005 to January 2008 for $50.
- What To Do:
- Evenflo will notify registered owners and will provide a free repair kit that includes a dual-hook fastener that helps the seat remain attached to the base in the event of high-impact side collisions. For additional information, contact Evenflo at (800) 233-5921or visit www.evenflo.com.
- For More Information:
The Biggest Product Recalls
Product Safety Advice
Our product recalls database includes information and content from the Consumer Product Safety Commission, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, and other sources. Our database is not comprehensive. For more complete information concerning recalls, visit www.cpsc.gov or, for car seats, www.safercar.gov.