- March 22, 2007
- Carriers & Slings
- The Danger:
- The plastic slider on the fabric strap can break, causing the strap supporting the carrier to release and infants to fall out of the carrier.
- This recall involves about 100,000 Infantino SlingRider carriers with item numbers:
- The SlingRider consists of a fabric carrier with a strap attached that is worn by the user to carry an infant up to 20 pounds. The carriers are sold in black or khaki. "Infantino" is printed on the plastic slider located on the strap. The item number is printed on a label inside the SlingRider. Products labeled "Made in Thailand" or "New 2007 Design" are not included in the recall.
- Sold At:
- Target Stores, Babies "R" Us, BJ's Wholesale Club, Burlington Coat Factory, and other retailers nationwide, by catalog, and online from July 2006 through February 2007 for about $30.
- What To Do:
- Stop using these carriers immediately and contact Infantino to return them and receive a free replacement product. For more information, contact Infantino toll-free at (888) 808-3111 between 8 a.m. and 4 p.m. PT Monday through Friday or go to their Web site at http://service.infantino.com.
- For More Information:
The Biggest Product Recalls
Product Safety Advice
Our product recalls database includes information and content from the Consumer Product Safety Commission, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, and other sources. Our database is not comprehensive. For more complete information concerning recalls, visit www.cpsc.gov or, for car seats, www.safercar.gov.