No matter what body type you have, these simple fashion tricks will help you look great throughout pregnancy.
If you're petite...
- Stick with monochromatic tops and bottoms, which create a single line of color, lengthening your body. It helps if your shoes and stockings match, too.
- Stock up on boat-neck and other high-neck tops, which draw the eye up. A choker, short strand of pearls, or a scarf also work well.
- Go with slim-fitting styles instead of bulky ones. They won't overwhelm your delicate frame.
If you're curvy on the bottom...
- Remember: Dark colors are slimming, so choose pants, skirts, and dresses in the classic hues of black, brown, navy, dark gray, and wine.
- Avoid horizontal stripes, which will make you look wider than you are.
- Try menswear-style shirts -- they're comfortable and oversized, and will minimize your hips.
If you're tall...
- Knee-length skirts look great on you, because they break up the length of your body.
- Don't dress in all one color -- it will make you look even taller. Instead, mix and match colors. And experiment with horizontal patterns -- they'll work well on your tall frame.
- Try long jackets, either with pants or over a dress.
All content here, including advice from doctors and other health professionals, should be considered as opinion only. Always seek the direct advice of your own doctor in connection with any questions or issues you may have regarding your own health or the health of others.