Your Body's Distress Signals
In some cases, your symptoms may signal a potentially dangerous heat illness. If the symptoms persist, seek prompt medical attention. Get into a cool environment and start filling up on fluids if you experience any of the following:
- Your skin becomes cool or pale
- You feel nauseated or start vomiting
- Your pulse rises
- You feel dizzy or weak
- You have a bad headache that doesn't improve with acetaminophen
- You have abdominal cramping that lasts for 15 minutes or more
- You have a fever of 102 degrees F. or higher
- You feel confused or disoriented
Originally published in the June 2008 issue of American Baby magazine.
All content on this Web site, including medical opinion and any other health-related information, is for informational purposes only and should not be considered to be a specific diagnosis or treatment plan for any individual situation. Use of this site and the information contained herein does not create a doctor-patient relationship. Always seek the direct advice of your own doctor in connection with any questions or issues you may have regarding your own health or the health of others.