The Good News
Guess what? Not everyone complains about post-baby body changes. Here are some unexpected improvements you may be able to look forward to.
- Less body hair: Less shaving and waxing! Yay!
- Bigger breasts: It's happened before, and it could happen to you!
- Clearer skin: Bye-bye blemishes!
- Easier periods: For many new moms, their menstrual cycle doesn't cramp their style any more.
- A slimmer tush: Some breastfeeders report that they are actually slimmer post-baby from burning up all those milk-making calories.
Jennifer Lang is a freelance writer living in White Plains, New York.
Originally published in American Baby magazine, August 2005.
All content here, including advice from doctors and other health professionals, should be considered as opinion only. Always seek the direct advice of your own doctor in connection with any questions or issues you may have regarding your won health or the health of others.