Protect & Cover
In winter months, take extra care in protecting your body and your skin. As your belly grows, you have more surface area to heat, which may leave you more susceptible to the cold. Your skin is also more likely to take a beating. Follow these tips to protect yourself from icy winds:
- Check the weather before leaving the house so you are never left unprepared.
- Wear layers in natural fabrics -- we recommend fleece.
- Buy waterproof outer gear, or waterproof your own outer gear.
- Accessorize for warmth -- wear gloves, scarves, hats, and ski socks.
- Cover extremities that may be prone to frostbite -- ears, nose, chin, fingers, and toes.
- Protect yourself from germs with hand washing.
- Combat dry skin with mild soaps.
- Soak in a tepid bath, as hot water can increase dryness and leave you feeling itchy.
- Apply body moisturizer while skin is still damp from a bath or shower.
- Use face moisturizer with an SPF that contains vitamins and protein.
- Carry lotions and balms with you to protect your skin on the run.
- Don't forget about your lips -- apply lip balm liberally to avoid cracking and bleeding.
- Wear flat, well-gripped shoes, and try to steer clear of high heels.