Comfort Essentials and Tips
Are you pregnant and wondering how best to handle your growing belly bump during the fall season? Read on for advice on surviving and enjoying your autumn pregnancy.
Tips for the Autumn Months
Feel nervous about venturing outside because of the fickle weather, and the possibility of catching a cold or the flu? Are you lacking ideas on how to be more comfortable during these autumn months? Follow these tips on how to stay cool and stay healthy despite the chill in the air.
- Always carry a warm cardigan and/or lightweight jacket in case the weather gets crisp.
- Carry an umbrella so that you are not drenched by the seasonal rain showers: Wetness = coldness.
- Take advantage of the season's plethora of apples (which pack a fiber punch) and enjoy a hot apple beverage -- with no caffeine.
- Sip a mocktail, like the Apple Cherry Cider, which is simply 1 quart of chilled sparkling apple juice and 2 quarts of chilled cherry cider mixed together and served over crushed ice.
- Set aside "me" time -- get a massage, treat yourself to a manicure/pedicure, or just take a relaxing bubble bath.
- Clear your calendar of all unnecessary doings.
- Sleep! Take advantage of shorter daylight hours by taking frequent naps and turning in earlier.
- Ask for help if you're too tired to cook, clean, or run errands.