6 Foods to Avoid While Pregnant
Wait to safely eat these items until after Baby is born:
- Soft cheeses made with unpasteurized milk
- High-mercury swimmers, such as shark, swordfish, king mackerel, and tilefish
- Cold cuts and hot dogs, unless heated to steaming
- Raw fish, such as sushi, sashimi, clams, and oysters
- Raw and undercooked eggs and meats
- Milk and fruit juice that has not been pasteurized
Copyright © 2013 Meredith Corporation.
Originally published in the November 2013 issue of American Baby magazine.
All content on this Web site, including medical opinion and any other health-related information, is for informational purposes only and should not be considered to be a specific diagnosis or treatment plan for any individual situation. Use of this site and the information contained herein does not create a doctor-patient relationship. Always seek the direct advice of your own doctor in connection with any questions or issues you may have regarding your own health or the health of others.