Body Changes & How You Carry
Old wives' tales are little more than super-circulated rumors. Never proven to be true, they're sayings and adages that generations of women have passed down to one another regarding family health ("Eating carrots improves your vision"), safe parenting ("Wait an hour after eating before swimming"), and -- most popularly -- pregnancy.
Little is known about the origins of the following old wives' tales regarding how to guess baby's sex, but many pregnant women today still swing chains above their bellies and examine how they're carrying to determine what they're having. Whether you're trying to guess your own baby's gender or looking for shower games for a friend, read on for the top ways women have guessed: boy or girl?
- If you prefer sleeping on your left side, you'll have a boy. Right side? A girl.
- Extreme nausea means you are having a girl.
- If your hands are dry, you are having a boy; soft -- expect a girl.
- If you're craving citrus, you're having a girl.
- If your skin breaks out, expect a girl.
- If you feel graceful during pregnancy, you'll have a girl. Clumsy? It's a boy.
- If you gain weight in your face, it means you're having a girl.
- Craving salt? Expect a boy. A little something sweet? You're having a girl.
- If your right breast is larger than the left, you are having a girl. If the left is larger, a boy.
- Feeling extremely moody? Expect a girl.
How Are You Carrying?
- If baby is low, expect a boy. High, it's a girl.
- If you're carrying in front, it's a boy. All around your middle? A girl.