The Benefits of and Myths Associated with HypnoBirthing
The Benefits of HypnoBirthing
- It's a natural form of pain management. There are no medications with potential side effects for you or baby.
- It can provide comfort, relaxation, and relief during labor.
- It can decrease stress and fear during childbirth.
- It allows you to remain alert and awake.
Common Myths Associated with Hypnosis
- Hypnosis is a form of mind control or brainwashing.
- Hypnosis puts you in a deep sleep.
- A person who's been hypnotized has no free will.
- You can't perform usual tasks and functions if you're hypnotized.
- You're unaware of what's going on around you when you're hypnotized.