What should you ask during an interview with a potential healthcare provider?
- How often will I be seen during pregnancy?
- Who normally responds to phoned-in questions and concerns -- and is he or she available around the clock?
- Which tests are standard? Which specialized tests might you advise for me?
- Will you definitely deliver my baby, or could it be another doctor in your practice? Will I get a chance to meet each doctor who might deliver my baby?
- What sort of maternity or special-care facilities are available at the hospital where I would deliver -- birthing rooms? rooming-in for the baby? a neo-natal intensive care unit?
- How do you feel about medication-free childbirth?
- At what stage of labor would you use an epidural?
- When do you feel it is necessary to induce deliveries?
- What is your rate of cesarean deliveries?
- What else can you tell me about your preferences and standard practices for labor and birth?
- How do you feel about breast-feeding?
- What is your fee? Does that include lab fees? How and when do you want payment?
Copyright © 2001 Parents.com
All content here, including advice from doctors and other health professionals, should be considered as opinion only. Always seek the direct advice of your own doctor in connection with any questions or issues you may have regarding your own health or the health of others.