Questions to Ask
According to the ACNM, here are some questions you should ask when considering a midwife:
- How long have you been practicing and in what kind of setting?
- What is your philosophy of care?
- What are the eligibility requirements for your services?
- What arrangements do you have if complications occur?
- What are your fees and will my insurance cover them?
- Can my family be present during labor and birth?
To find an ACNM educated and certified midwife, call the ACNM's toll-free practice locator line at 888-MIDWIFE.
Source: The American College of Nurse-Midwives
All content here, including advice from doctors and other health professionals, should be considered as opinion only. Always seek the direct advice of your own doctor in connection with any questions or issues you may have regarding your own health or the health of others.