Which Birth Professional Is Right for You?

The Reproductive Endocrinologist (RE)

Many couples don't need to see an RE, or fertility specialist. But for those who are unable to conceive after a year of trying (six months if you're over 35, or sooner if you or your husband have a history of reproductive problems), it can be a necessity.

According to RESOLVE, the National Infertility Association, when fertility is at issue, it's best to look for a board-certified or board-eligible RE -- that is, an obstetrician/gynecologist who has completed five or more years of specialized training in this area -- rather than continuing to work with your primary caregiver. After your pregnancy is established, most REs will refer you back to your regular doctor or midwife.

RESOLVE has a referral list of more than 700 REs worldwide. Call 617-623-0744 for more information.

Find a Baby Name

Browse by

or Enter a name

Parents Are Talking

Add a Comment