What to Do
If you begin showing signs of preterm labor, here's what you should do:
1. Lie down on your left side for one hour.
2. Drink two or three glasses of water or juice.
3. If the symptoms get worse or if they don't go away after one hour, call your health-care provider or go to the hospital.
4. If the symptoms do go away within one hour, take it easy for the rest of the day. Do not do what you were doing when the symptoms began.
5. If the symptoms come back, call your health-care provider or go to the hospital.
The information on this Web site is designed for educational purposes only. It is not intended to be a substitute for informed medical advice or care. You should not use this information to diagnose or treat any health problems or illnesses without consulting your pediatrician or family doctor. Please consult a doctor with any questions or concerns you might have regarding your or your child's condition.