What You'll Need
Small cracker or pasta box, 1 straw, yarn, popsicle sticks, colored tape, glue, paint, paintbrush, craft knife, round office supply stickers
1. Have an adult cut window openings on all four sides of the box. Fold one of the scraps of cardboard and glue it to the top to make a cable channel.
2. Paint the cable car; let it dry.
3. Use tape to attach a short straw to the underside of the cable channel.
4. Glue on Popsicle sticks and add tape to create details.
5. Thread a long length of yarn through the straw. Tie it taut between chairs or trees to make it glide.
Originally published in the October 2013 issue of Parents magazine.