What You'll Need
2 toilet paper tubes, paint, paintbrush, hole punch, bendy plastic straws, yarn, 2 popsicle sticks, office dot stickers, 2 googly eyes, glue, scissors
1. Paint the toilet paper tubes; let dry. Cut one tube in half; one half will be for the head, the other for the ears.
2. Cut the ears -- a single elongated 8-shape out of the cardboard tube -- and glue them to the top of one side of the head. Push in the cardboard where the ears are glued, creating an indent on the head to make the ears stick up.
3. Glue two Popsicle sticks together to form a cross; set aside.
4. Punch four holes on the bottom of the body for the legs. Thread two 6" pieces of yarn through the leg holes, adding cut bendy straw pieces for the feet. Knot at each end.
5. On the opposite side of the tube, punch holes at both ends of the body; thread a long piece of yarn (approximately 24") through the body and head. Tie it to the Popsicle stick-cross.
6. Glue on a cut bendy straw to create a tail and stick on office dot stickers and googly eyes.
Originally published in the October 2013 issue of Parents magazine.