- Fabric (one 10" square for each beanbag)
- Dried beans (1/2 cup per beanbag)
- Rubber bands
- One 28"x 16"x 12" box
- Hot-glue gun and glue sticks
- Craft knife
- Cut six 10" circles from fabric.
- Place 1/2 cup dried beans in the center of each circle. Cinch the fabric around beans; secure with rubber band, then cover band with ribbon.
- Assemble box and hot-glue flaps shut to secure box's shape.
- Draw diagonal lines on each of the 28"x 16" sides so one end is 16" and other is 8"; use knife to cut on diagonal so box is shaped as a trapezoid.
- Trace three 5" circles on top of box, spaced 5" apart; cut out circles.
- Paint box top and circles, adding numbers 1, 2, and 3 to each circle.
- When dry, hot-glue circles on top.
Originally published in the May 2013 issue of Parents magazine.