Milk Carton Bird Feeder
- With a utility or X-Acto knife, parents should cut the bird feeder's opening in the center of one side of the carton.
- Punch a hole 1/2" below the opening.
- Paint the outside of the carton in the color of his choice. Let dry and decorate with stickers or glue buttons on all sides in flower configurations.
- Break sticks (or parents should cut with pruning shears) to about 3" long, and glue along both topsides of the carton to create a roof.
- Insert a 6" to 7" stick for the perch; glue the end to inside back of carton.
- Fill your colorful feeder with birdseed and place it outside for the birds to enjoy.
Originally published in the August 2010 issue of Parents magazine.