Funny Farm Bird Egg
Felt, marker, scissors, craft glue, blown-out or ceramic egg, bottle capMake It:
- Download, print, and cut out the wing and tail-feather templates.
- Trace templates onto felt and cut out.
- Use scissors to fringe the edges of the wings and tail feathers as shown.
- Mount the small tail feather on top of the large tail feather and glue to the bottom of the egg.
- Sit egg on bottle cap so that tail feathers are sticking up and attach the wings to either side using glue.
- Cut a small triangle from felt for the beak and glue in place. Draw two small dots above the beak for eyes. Let dry completely.
Originally published in the April 2011 issue of Parents magazine.Related Features: