- Stand with feet hip distance apart. Bend your knees slightly as you place one hand on the front of your pelvis, just below your belly button, and the other hand on the small of your back.
- Engage your abdominal muscles and curl your tailbone under, lengthening your lower back.
- Keeping this alignment, straighten your legs and release your arms to your sides.
- Inhale deeply without letting your lower ribs jut out, and let your shoulder blades relax away from your neck. If you were to drop a plumb line from the crown of your head, it would ideally follow a direct line to your cervix.
- Inhale and exhale deeply while holding the pose for at least two full minutes.
Copyright © 2011 Meredith Corporation.
All content on this Web site, including medical opinion and any other health-related information, is for informational purposes only and should not be considered to be a specific diagnosis or treatment plan for any individual situation. Use of this site and the information contained herein does not create a doctor-patient relationship. Always seek the direct advice of your own doctor in connection with any questions or issues you may have regarding your own health or the health of others.