Just because you can't drink alcohol doesn't mean you have to walk around with a glass of tap water at your next party. Make your own nonalcoholic party drinks by blending fruits, fruit juices, or vegetable juices with mixers. These drinks do double duty, delighting your taste buds and providing important nutrition for you and your baby. Here are some simple ideas:
- Virgin Mary. Combine low-salt vegetable juice with a squeeze of lemon juice, a shake of pepper, a dash of celery seed, and a splash of Worcestershire and/or Tabasco sauce. Serve over ice with a stalk of celery.
- Party punch. Mix equal amounts of orange juice, pineapple juice, and seltzer. Garnish with a slice of orange or fresh pineapple.
- Margarita. Combine orange juice, a splash of fresh lime juice, and a sprinkle of margarita mix.
- Pina colada. Blend 1 part coconut cream with 3 parts pineapple juice and crushed ice.
- Strawberry daiquiri. Blend fresh or frozen strawberries with a splash of lime juice and crushed ice.
- Tahitian punch. Blend fresh strawberries, papaya, banana, and pineapple with orange juice and seltzer.
- Mimosa. Combine equal amounts of orange juice and seltzer.
Originally published in You & Your Baby: Pregnancy.
All content on this Web site, including medical opinion and any other health-related information, is for informational purposes only and should not be considered to be a specific diagnosis or treatment plan for any individual situation. Use of this site and the information contained herein does not create a doctor-patient relationship. Always seek the direct advice of your own doctor in connection with any questions or issues you may have regarding your own health or the health of others.