Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
- 1 package (12 ounces) soba noodles (buckwheat)
- 2 cups frozen, shelled edamame
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup Asian sesame or ginger salad dressing
- 2 cups cooked chicken, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 cucumber, cut in half lengthwise and sliced
Tip: Can't find soba noodles at the grocery store? Buy whole wheat linguine or spaghetti instead.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add soba noodles and cook 3 minutes. Add edamame and carrots to noodle water and cook 3 minutes more. Drain.
- In a large bowl, whisk together peanut butter, salad dressing, and 1/4 cup very hot water. Add drained noodle mixture to peanut sauce and toss to coat well.
- Add chicken and cucumber slices and toss again. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Nutrition per serving: 585 cal; 35g protein; 24g fat; 62g carb; 45mg calcium; 7g fiber