You can make the sauce while the water boils and the pasta cooks. We like a pinch of red pepper flakes on the adult portions -- it really ramps up the flavor.Time: 20 minutes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (14 ounces) chicken broth, divided
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 pound peeled and deveined shrimp
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 12 ounces linguine, cooked according to package directions
- Red pepper flakes (optional)
- In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion; cover and cook until soft, about 6 minutes. Add garlic and cook 1 minute more.
- Pour 1 cup broth and the flour into a jar with a tight-fitting lid and shake to blend. Pour remaining broth and broth-flour mixture into saucepan; bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes. Stir in shrimp, and cook 3 minutes more. Stir in lemon juice, butter, and parsley. Pour over cooked pasta. Makes 4 servings.
Nutrition per serving: 563 cal; 36g protein; 13g fat; 74g carb; 91mg calcium; 3g fiber