Prep time: 15 minutes
Bake time: 15 minutes
- 3/4 cup instant potato flakes (not granules)
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 can (14.75 ounces) red salmon
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup sweet mango or Major Grey's chutney
- 1 box (10 ounces) couscous, prepared according to package directions
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
Tip: Puree the entire jar of chutney and you can save the rest to spice up other foods. Use it in place of mustard on sandwiches, or drizzle it on top of steamed vegetables.
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with foil. In a small bowl, stir together potato flakes and curry powder. Place salmon in a medium bowl and remove bones and skin.
- Stir eggs and 1/4 cup of the seasoned potato flakes into salmon and blend well with a fork. Shape salmon mixture into 8 cakes and coat with remaining seasoned potato flakes. Coat both sides of salmon cakes with vegetable cooking spray; place cakes on foil-lined baking sheet.
- Bake 15 minutes. Meanwhile, puree chutney in a blender. Stir peas into hot couscous. Serve cakes with sauce and couscous with peas.
Nutrition per serving without couscous and peas: 320 cal; 21g protein; 9g fat; 36g carb; 223mg calcium; 0 fiber