Make sure you have these ten emergency essentials for your child's cuts and scrapes.
- Sterile gauze pads
- Sterile adhesive bandages in different sizes
- Rolls of stretchable sterile gauze to hold dressings in place
- Sterile adhesive tape
- Cotton balls
- Large sterile triangular bandage (to use as a sling or for applying pressure to a wound)
- Antibiotic ointment, such as Neosporin
- Antiseptic wipes or antiseptic solution such as Betadine
- Blunt-tipped scissors (for cutting bandages)
- Tweezers (for removing splinters)
Copyright ? 2000 Kathleen Ewald. Reprinted with permission from the February 2000 issue of Parents magazine.
All content here, including advice from doctors and other health professionals, should be considered as opinion only. Always seek the direct advice of your own doctor in connection with any questions or issues you may have regarding your own health or the health of others.