1. You're guaranteed to stop traffic whenever you cross the street.
2. People look at your stomach and can't help smiling, as if the mere thought of your being pregnant has actually made their day a little bit brighter.
3. You can eat a whole pint of chocolate-chunk ice cream and not feel guilty. Every night.
4. You can -- no, you must! --take naps. Lots of them.
5. Getting to name another human being.
6. Watching your husband turn into a father when he kisses your belly good night, reads to the baby in utero, or stays up until 3:00 a.m. putting the crib together -- just in case the baby decides to come eight weeks early.
8. Buying a bathing suit. It's not about hiding your flaws; it's about flaunting your belly.
9. Those wild, intense, amazing pregnancy dreams in which every remote person from your past makes some sort of appearance. None of these dreams can even begin to be analyzed or understood.
10. The amazing anticipation. It's like all your previous birthdays and holidays rolled into one.
11. Imagining the possibilities.
12. More personal space! And you have no qualms about claiming it.