There's no sound as beautiful as a wind chime blowing in the breeze. Follow these directions to make your own magic wind chime.
1. Go on a treasure hunt and look for items that will create a lovely sound when they collide, such as seashells, bells, beads, and stones.
2. If the items are thin enough, poke a hole through them with a nail or hole punch. Then pull a piece of string or nylon thread through each hole, and tie a knot.
3. For heavier objects, such as stones, wrap the string around the object a few times, and rub nontoxic liquid glue over the string to hold it in place.
4. Next, find a colorful plastic lid to serve as the top of the wind chime.
5. Poke holes through the top, and pull the pieces of string or nylon thread through the holes; tie a knot at each end.
6. Finally, punch two holes in the center of the top, and loop a piece of string through the holes. Tie another knot, and hang your wind chime from a nail or the branch of a tree.
Note: If you have young children, avoid using small objects, which can present a choking hazard if swallowed.
The information on this Web site is designed for educational purposes only. It is not intended to be a substitute for informed medical advice or care. You should not use this information to diagnose or treat any health problems or illnesses without consulting your pediatrician or family doctor. Please consult a doctor with any questions or concerns you might have regarding your or your child's condition.