Celebrate the pleasures of reading and writing -- for baby and grown-ups alike.
- Go for a literary decorating theme. Ask you local bookstore for old posters promoting recent titles and authors. Also, check the school supplies section of your local stationery store for other book- and writing-related wall art.
- As arrivals sign the guest book, ask them to also list their favorite children's book.
- Position books (adult- and child-oriented) around the room to add emphasis.
- Do a reading. Pick a crowd pleaser, such as a humorous essay on the life of a mom.
- Buy a blank journal and have guests record thoughts, advice and best wishes for the mom to be.