Here are tips and ideas that play upon the theme of "time."
- When you send out the invitations, be sure to assign each guest an hour of the day or night (such as 9 p.m. or 1 p.m.). Ask guests to bring a gift that applies to their assigned time.
- Be prepared to answer questions and offer gift-buying advice when guests call to RSVP. First-time attendees of this type of party may need some additional support.
- Decorate on party day with time themes, such as watch- and clock-face paper goods, and sun, moon, and stars wall hangings.
- Present foods with a time theme, such as Midnight Snacks, Breakfast Bars, and Teatime Sandwiches.
- Start a pool to predict the baby's time of birth.
- Set up several alarm clocks at the party scene. When one rings, award a small prize to the guest seated closest to the mom-to-be.
- Organize a time-based mixer. Have guests remove their wristwatches and place them in a bowl. Then each guest picks out an unfamiliar watch and seeks out the owner.