SPECIAL OFFER: - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
It's not hard to hatch this fun project. The steps are easy and the supplies are cheap, cheap, cheap!
1. Make a chick by gluing together two yellow pom-poms. Glue on a felt beak and feet. Add eyes with dimensional fabric paint. Let dry.
2. Insert the chick into a prestretched balloon. Blow up the balloon until it's the size of a tennis ball. Knot the balloon and spray it with a light coating of cooking spray.
3. Cut perle cotton string into six or seven 2-foot lengths.
4. Pour white glue into a dish. Dip a length of string into the glue to coat it, then run it between your thumb and forefinger to remove the excess glue. Wrap it around the balloon. Add more crisscrossing strands until there are no gaps larger than the chick.
5. Clip the knot of the balloon to a hanger, and hang it up to dry (we hung ours from a shower curtain rod).
6. With scissors, carefully pop the balloon and remove it.
Originally published in the April 2014 issue of FamilyFun magazine.
© Copyright 2015, Meredith Corporation. All Rights Reserved.