SPECIAL OFFER: - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
Add a dose of color and whimsy to your Christmas countdown with this punch-out Advent calendar.
1. For the base, cut a 10- by 15-inch piece of corrugated cardboard.
2. Cut 12 toilet paper tubes in half, then paint the tubes and the base white.
3. Dip the bottoms of the tubes in tacky glue and place them on the base in a grid, leaving about a half inch of space between them. Let the glue dry.
4. Cut tissue paper into 48 (3 1/2-inch) circles. Inside each tube, place a treat, then lay two tissue paper circles over the top of the tube. Stretch a small rubber hair band over the tissue paper and the tube so that the paper is taut.
5. Add vinyl number stickers to the tissue paper.
6. To hang your calendar, cut slits near the top of the cardboard and insert a loop of string into them.
Originally published in the November 2013 issue of FamilyFun magazine
© Copyright 2013, Meredith Corporation. All Rights Reserved.