SPECIAL OFFER: - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
Dish up a paper-plate party hat that can easily be customized for any occasion.
1. On a dinner-size paper plate, draw a circle about 1 3/4 inches in from the edge.
2. Draw your design (flower, bunny ears, and so on) inside this circle, with the base of the shape touching the line.
Tip: For a symmetrical design, such as the shamrock, fold the plate in half before drawing half the shape along the fold.
3. Cut out the shape and the head hole along the curved line.
4. Bend up the shape. Have your child try on the hat, and widen the head hole as needed.
5. Decorate the hat with paint, crayon, markers, and glitter.
Originally published in the March 2014 issue of FamilyFun
© Copyright 2014, Meredith Corporation. All Rights Reserved.