SPECIAL OFFER: - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
A lamp shade is the perfect shape for this iconic witch hat.
What you'll need X-acto knife, black foam core, 8"-diameter mixing bowl 2?"-wide black ribbon, scissors, tape, lamp shade, hot-glue gun, 2?"-wide purple ribbon, buckle, lamp
1. Use an X-acto knife to cut a circle from foam core at least 5" to 6" wider than the bottom of lamp shade.
2. Use mixing bowl to trace a circle in the center and cut out with X-acto knife.
3. Cut approximately 5' length of black ribbon. Tape one end to the inside of shade, then wrap ribbon around shade, overlapping as you go. Repeat until shade is fully covered, and tape the other end to the inside of shade.
4. Center shade onto foam-core ring, and add a line of hot glue where the shade meets the foam core. (The ribbon will protect your shade from any damage.)
5. Cut 3 pieces of purple ribbon about 6' long and braid them. Thread buckle onto the braid.
6. Glue braided band to the seam where the shade meets the brim, trim and tie excess ribbon in the back, and place shade on top of lamp.
© Copyright 2013, Meredith Corporation. All Rights Reserved.